<$BlogRSDUrl$>

gustus elementa per omnia quaerunt

Monday, November 28, 2005

Kalgoorlie

capers


If I were to tell you that I'd flown to a place where I'd eaten Macadamia Nut Chicken Kiev, been served drinks by an East German woman in her underwear*, enjoyed a performance by an acoustic guitar playing female singer supported by a cellist and a harmonica player over vodka tonics, went gourmet food shopping where we bought unpastEurised French cheese, attended a seafood dinner for 500, drank French beer with lamb cutlets, and had capers and olives with Little Creatures in a sunny beer garden; where would you say I'd been?

Oh hang on I just told you where I went in the title, didn't I?

Must work on these "well think again" travel show style intros.

*there's a set up for a rejig of an old joke for the taking.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"unpasturised French cheese" or
"unpastEurised French cheese"

there's the way to tell the SNOB

11/28/2005 08:08:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Wow that's power spell advice!

Cheers!

What's that Louis?

You've stopped spinning?

Excellent!

11/28/2005 11:10:00 pm

 
Blogger deborah said...

Bloody brilliant is what I would say. But aaah thats not a place is it.

Nice - how was the weather?

11/29/2005 09:15:00 am

 
Blogger Anthony said...

The night was dark and stormy

11/29/2005 09:30:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to know more about the Little Creatures. I'm with Saffron - Bloody Brilliant.

11/29/2005 10:37:00 am

 
Blogger Anthony said...

It's a fun place Kalgoorlie but it can be a bit hard on the constitution.

Little Creatures is a brewery based in Fremantle. Their best drop is a Pale Ale but it can get a bit rich after a few. Rogers is their light alcohol beer and easily the best one around. The brewery is also a pub and a restauarnt and I couldn't think of a better place to spend a sunny Sunday. Gold stars all round.

This picture was taken in the Cornwall pub in Boulder which is being run as a restaurant/pub/catering centre. Very nice.

11/29/2005 03:22:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home