<$BlogRSDUrl$>

gustus elementa per omnia quaerunt

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Can't have a meme without me me

angry slavic man angry slavic man angry slavic man angry slavic man


A bit of housekeeping to catch up on with memes. First was from feisty MM with 7 memes for seven bloggers

7 things before I die
Put decking out back; Paint pantry door; Finish car port; Find a suitable plant for the spot in the side garden; Tidy up book pile next to bed (done!); Get steel bins for outdoor table; Fix chain guard on bike

7 things I like about blogging
No need to dress up; Or go out; Can be done individually or in groups; Able to turn thoughts into action; Abundance of inspiration on the internet; Practically free; Avoid potentially uncomfortable physical contact with others

7 Movies/DVDs I Watch Over & Over Again
Hard Boiled; Tonari no Totoro; Stone; Led Zeppelin live DVD; Spinal Tap; The Right Stuff; Spinal Tap.

7 Books I Love
The Cordon Bleu at Home; Reader's Digest Book of Strange Stories and Amazing Facts; Don Quixote; Anything by Sven Hassel; Gravity's Rainbow; Heart of Darkness; Candide.

7 things I don't say most often
And as you can see, this is why the equation won't work; no I'll stick with the soda water thanks; and the amazing thing is, I've never had professional dance instruction; *that's* how you do a fifteen minute Jimmy Page guitar solo my friend; there you go kitty, it's your favourite, Salmon!; no it doesn't need butter; wait, what are you doing to my trousers?

Thank you to egglerati Jeanne for giving me the Too Much Information meme which requires you to share with the world 10 little-known and random facts about yourself. All my work's been done for me thanks to the Kateometer! About as reliable as anything I could come up with, some are spookily accurate.

1)Anthony can be very poisonous if injected intravenously; 2)Anthony was originally green, and actually contained cocaine.; 3) All of the roles in Shakespeare's plays - including the female roles - were originally played by Anthony; 4) Pacman was originally called Anthonyman; 5) Apples are covered with a thin layer of Anthony.; 6) Anthony can eat up to four kilograms of insects in a single night; 7) Long ago, the people of Nicaragua believed that if they threw Anthony into a volcano it would stop erupting!; 8) The pharoahs of ancient Egypt wore garments made with thin threads of beaten Anthony; 9) Influenza got its name because people believed the disease was caused by the evil "influence" of Anthony; 10) The difference between Anthony and a village is that Anthony does not have a church.

Finally, a bunch of fives from TEd

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
1. Bring the Noise- Public Enemy; 2. Power in a Union - Billy Bragg; 3. Minimum Wage - They Might Be Giants; 4. Holiday in Cambodia - Dead Kennedy's; 5. White Riot - The Clash

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. give it to charity; 2. not change one bit; 3. find happiness elusive; 4. invest diversely; 5. pimp my Volvo

Five bad habits:
1. not paying attention for more than 10 seconds; 2. not remembering stuff and not writing it down; 3. writing things down but illegibly; 4. forgetting people's names 5. not chewing my food


A while I'm at it, iPod 10
Who Needs Forever? - Astrid Gilberto; What Who the Fuck - PJ Harvey; Ave Maria - Tsukamoto Isao; The Darker Days of Me and Him - PJ Harvey; One of the Truth - Piggies; Milk Tea - Piggies; Comment Te Dire Adieu - Tokyo's Coolest Combo; Trading Air - Athlete; Rame no Pantaron - Yura Yura Teikoku; Planet of Song - Pixies

That should do it for a while. Have at it if you want it.

9 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

Your five bad habits sound JUST like mine. (And probably a bunch of other people.) I literally forget people's names right after they tell me, if I don't think it's important for me to remember. But...uh, I should remmeber anyway.

Chew food? Chew. Cheew...oh yeah, that's first step in digestion. I gotta try that.

2/22/2006 01:39:00 am

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Finally! Hilarious but I expected no less. And Candide? Really? Now that is a surprise.

2/22/2006 05:03:00 am

 
Blogger tokyo goat said...

bad habits: slowing down will fix most of those. get yourself off to the latest trendy, local, yoga studio...

2/22/2006 06:01:00 am

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Banksy
Just gotta use mnemonic devices.
Yeah chewing, I swear I just inhale my meals sometimes, and then stare at whoever I'm eating with's plate with are you going to eat that eyes.

MM
Yes really. Funny, short, and amazingly still pertinent.

Goat
Alright for you in Tokyo, but Perth, it never sleeps here.

2/22/2006 07:54:00 am

 
Blogger Anthony said...

If a plague of locust comes your way, the Japanese take the wings off (too bitter) and stir fry them in soy sauce with sugar. Not my fave (apparently the last emperor enjoyed them) but certainly crunchy.

2/22/2006 12:52:00 pm

 
Blogger Ed said...

Have you cooked Gravity's Rainbow. I'm thinking the bananas.

2/22/2006 12:55:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice choice of iPod 10, but isnt it "WHO the fuck" Pj Harvey?

2/22/2006 03:33:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Ed
May be that'S what happened to it but I think just lent it to someone who never returned it (jeebus try finding a copy anywhere). Bananas work on a number of levels of meaning sitting nicley where the food meets the fetish. You might enjoy this: Gravity's Rainbow: The Illustrated Complete Summary

Steven
Right you are and fixed, thanks. It's been a what the fuck kind of week.

2/22/2006 03:45:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aahhhhhhhaaaaaahhhhhaaahaCLASSIK

2/25/2006 06:01:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home