<$BlogRSDUrl$>

gustus elementa per omnia quaerunt

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Elmar's Smallgoods - Highgate

Product + Service = Joy

Elmar's. Makers of fine German sausages and the like and I finally made it there. Allgood as much as smallgood, it brings pause upon entering. A dozen things you know, a dozen things you've only heard of, and a dozen things you don't know. But but but but service. They love their customers, gently chastising me for not coming before. More when I said I worked around the corner. Gallery tours have less love in them than the explanation of their sausage range. A mixed kilo of Hungarian and Nurnberger sausages for a large piece of wood lifting and BBQ evening and were they good? No. Ha just kidding, they were fantastic. I got a customer loyalty card, I didn't need it but it was mustard on the Nurnberger.

Poor pieman got accused by a touchy soul of having it in for the Vietnamese. He is, in fact, a gold plated gentleman. Careful though, I'd keep a discrete distance if he's been on the sea horse hooch.

Elmar's Smallgoods across from the Queens, Cnr Mary and Beaufort Streets, Highgate.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lord Sedgwick said...

...then there was the plate of snags that put up ye olde Nurnberger Defence, "We were just following hors d'oeuvres."

(Scarpers off like greased lighnin' ... stayin' alive, stayin' alive ... ha, ha, ha ... stayin' alive.)

11/11/2004 08:39:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuummmmyyy. Almost tempting to go to Elmar's on a Saturday for a 'werst, instead of heading to the very 'trendy' :p Soto next door....Nicole www.craftapalooza.com (still too lazy...)

11/11/2004 09:19:00 am

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Sedge,

[FONT SIZE="+4"] AHAH... [/FONT SIZE]

Counting myself lucky I held back from a "wurst" pun or I would have been right regally outclassed.

Nicole
Yep saw that place but I was in a hurry and in my Neil Armstrong of Darkness suit and thought otherwise. Mt Lawley is really quite the place now as Subi's too Centro, Freo too Feral, and Cott too Collagen.

11/11/2004 11:33:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Gold plated" - Yikes! - Always thought I was more your Iron Age kinda guy:0

pieman
www.noodlepie.com

11/12/2004 09:56:00 am

 
Blogger Anthony said...

It's true. But quiet about the gold, dont want to get tokyo goat all worked up again.

11/12/2004 05:20:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home