<$BlogRSDUrl$>

gustus elementa per omnia quaerunt

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Brown Beef Stock



What you find in your pocket.

But shhhhhhhhh the brown beef stock is resting in the fridge. Soon I'll go and take the fat off the top. It's for tonight's beer banquet, of and with. A kilo of beef bones, three carrots and three celery sticks, a large onion, 6 cloves of garlic. All slow roasted for an hour and then put in a stock pot along with the pan scraping with enough water to cover and some parsley, thyme and a bay leaf and left to simmer for 3 hours.

This will be for my course, venison shanks. I can see them now, resting on barley and wild mushrooms with the meat flaking off at the touch of a fork having been cooked slowly in a yet to be decided ale...

3 Comments:

Blogger Reid said...

Hi Anthony,

OK...sounds like this is going to be another winner. Venison shanks huh? I'm impressed. It's very hard to get venison here, either that or I don't know where to look. The last time I had it was more than 10 years ago as jerky.

11/13/2004 08:32:00 am

 
Blogger Anthony said...

I've got a good feeling about this one. Venison comes from a farm down south, the link is on the side. They do a great job on it. Getting increasingly hard to fault Western Australia for its produce.

11/13/2004 03:24:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Like me, you were probably making the most of the dwindling opportunities for wintery food.

TAXI. I saw the French version a few years back and loved it much better than say Jules et Jim. Can't beat a good chase film favourite of which is Ronin.

Ruma and coke - the other drink at the Munty. It's a top little pub.

11/14/2004 07:42:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home