<$BlogRSDUrl$>

gustus elementa per omnia quaerunt

Monday, May 03, 2004

The Science of Meat - Horses for Courses

Had take away Thai the other night from Jariya's Thai up the road on Cambridge and Birkdale Streets [good!]. The Massaman Beef was particularly good. This led to a chat about what makes stewed meat so tender and a doctor friend (saying that reminds me of the old joke about the Jewish mother "My son - the lawyer - is drowning") mentioned collagen which intrigued me. So a quick bit of research led me to this wonderful site. Have a read.

If I've got this right, using older tougher cuts of meat for braising isn't their last hope but ,rather, it is where they excel. Got a couple of half full bottles of red, I'll have to experiment with Beef Bourguignon when current assignment is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home