<$BlogRSDUrl$>

gustus elementa per omnia quaerunt

Friday, July 29, 2005

Steak Sandwich

steak sandwich that way

Yeah I'm back and relaxed and in new digs. Mmmm roomy. Here's a steak sandwich I made for rock power before going to an exceptional Queens of the Stone Age gig at Perth Metro/Mad Max Thunderdome (true Chook true). It gave me strength to assist boisterous youth at the edge of the mosh pit and not worry when they sang into my ear. One grateful lad in a blue t-shirt gave me a hug and then wouldn't let go. Bless.

I have to face up to the fact that most steak sandwiches are not the ones of my dreams (Saffy also dreams) but are overdone bits of minute steak in a skinny bit of whitebread. This one is good. A large bit of rump steak tenderised. Don't use a tenderiser, use your fist, trust me it's good , you'll feel better. Sliced up into meaty fingers and marinated in oil, soy, chinese wine, chilli powder, garlic, something called BBQ bush blend (lemon myrtle, bush tomato, and mountain pepperleaf), and potato starch for chinese velvetiness. Onions caramelised with a pinch of brown sugar and a splash of Monteith's Ale when softened. Lengthy piece of foccacia carefully sliced along the middle. Bits of blue cheese along the bottom. Rare bits of steak on top of that with the onions and pour some of the pan juices ove the top. Place some spinach leaves on top. Then the top bit of bread and into the sandwich press until the cheese is melty.

Good.

20 Comments:

Blogger santos. said...

digging the new digs, anthony! will send a housewarming prezzie shortly. am currently off carbs so i will try this steak sarnie as steak sandwiched between two slices of steak.

7/29/2005 03:18:00 pm

 
Blogger deborah said...

Thank you. I like what you've done with the place Spicey.

7/29/2005 03:27:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Santos

Prezzie! I like what you're thinking but if steak is sandwiched between steak then you're in some kind of infinite sandwich and I don't think they're are an infinite amount of cows. Maybe you could wrap it in crispy bacon instead.

Saffy
No worries and thank you for being the elbow in my rib cage on the shift. I like it a lot here, reminds me of my old place.

7/29/2005 04:27:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this post is one of your best posts ever.

If you need any help shifting the furniture around here, let me know.

7/29/2005 04:29:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Ha! Cheers Rob, an auspicious start. There may be some renovations in the future in needof some smarts.

7/29/2005 04:31:00 pm

 
Blogger Chubby Hubby said...

Congrats on the move. And MAN, THAT LOOKS YUMMY!

7/29/2005 04:42:00 pm

 
Blogger deborah said...

My snowpealeasure.

7/29/2005 04:51:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Thanks Chubby H. The leftovers hit the spot for breakfast too.

S. douitashimameshite

7/29/2005 04:59:00 pm

 
Blogger Reid said...

Hi Anthony,

The sandwich looks great! I had no idea that you were moving. Was it a physical move, or was it just the blog?

I'm confused!

7/29/2005 07:26:00 pm

 
Blogger tokyo goat said...

is this a move or just a real [new] domain name pointing at it...[cause i wonder why bloggers filthy prints are still all over it]

7/29/2005 10:09:00 pm

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I would never define "overdone bits of minute steak in a skinny bit of whitebread" as a steak sandwich. That's just vile.

Your steak sandwich sounds wonderful. Very nice idea to add blue cheese. (but where are the fried mushrooms and grilled peppers?)

-Elizabeth

P.S. Congratulations on the move. I hope this means you will grace us with another song.

7/30/2005 12:38:00 am

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Reid, Goat

Both of you suffer from wrongthinking. Reid, are you the same person you were 1 hour ago. Where have you gone? Nowhere, but you are not what you were because that person has gone. There has been no physical move, yet.

Goat, when you came to Japan, you had travelled far, yet were you a different person. No. You had moved yet you were the same. So too is the domain change. A paddler never leaves the same river. The hiker does.

Elizabeth
It's true, yet they do, and people pay for it.

I will have to get the studie set up.

7/30/2005 01:01:00 am

 
Blogger Joycelyn said...

hiya, very nice new digs...that sarnie manages to come across as macho and decorous all in between the same two slices. like your nifty application of velveting in an unexpected context!

7/30/2005 01:49:00 am

 
Blogger Anthony said...

OMG look at that comment of mine. Hmm
after the port
make commenting nought

Hey J
Ta! You've captured the heart of the sandwich. Tough yet soft, velvety glove meets iron (rich) hand and they hang out for a while. Unexpected velveting will be a new feature of my new address.

7/30/2005 10:58:00 am

 
Blogger Reid said...

Sorry Anthony,

You just confused me a bit more. So much so, that I don't even know who I am.

♫♫...Ooh baby, ooh...said ooh!...♫♫ =P

7/30/2005 11:15:00 am

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Reid

Erk I've made you think you're Stevie Nicks. Ah well, sorry about that. : p

7/30/2005 11:31:00 am

 
Blogger deborah said...

Thanks for adding this post to Omni Australis. You know how I feel about this sambo. It's special.

8/11/2005 08:33:00 am

 
Blogger Kelly said...

This sandwich looks great. I used to put spinach on my steak sangers, but now I always use rocket. It's delicious!

8/14/2005 05:24:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

No worries saffron.

Kelly - that's a nice idea.

8/14/2005 08:37:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, how r u can send me a the recipices

6/29/2006 03:57:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home