<$BlogRSDUrl$>

gustus elementa per omnia quaerunt

Saturday, July 02, 2005

EoMEoTE#8-soon

EoMEoTE8Been noticing a few people wondering where EoMEoTE#8 is and I've been wondering myself. Last communication I had from Jeanne was an extremely cryptic part of an email:

Never had a craving for macarons but now I do.

Normally I wouldn't think anything of this but the spelling of macaroons is a deliberate attention getter. She lives next door to the largest macaroon factory in the United Kingdom and would constantly tell me how she was never without macaroons. The missing "o" refers to the double ovoid of IMBB?#16 - Eggs and EoMEoTE#8. With the second "o" missing one can only conclude as thus

Never had a craving for macaro[removing EoMEoTE#8]n but now I do.

But the curious thing though is that the number of letters in macarons is eight rather than nine. Eight in Japanese is hachi, coincidence I think not - not only to hatch an egg but to hatch a plot. Eight is four and two, or shini which is also the verb stem "to die". Eight is also the cube of two. Another word for a cube is a die. The two must die. But which two? Can two people be one? Well only if they're a gemini. And there's only one gemini in our EoMEoTE foundation duo, and that's me. Fuck!

I'm a dead man. Only one place to hide. In the outback.

Ha! Come and get me Jeanne Horak with your murderous intent.

You picked the wrong man to mess with Jonty TerreblancheHa! So much for feared Rhodesian Special Forces mercenary Jonty Terreblanche. The hunter becomes the prey. Winchester lever action .22, only rifle known to drop a charging rhino head-on. Didn't know what hit him. Now I can get around to doing my EoMEoTE post.

And if you're feeling Aussie, Saffron's got the first Omnivoribus Australis up. Aussie Food Blogging, in one handy location. Go see.

omni-2

23 Comments:

Blogger The Daily Magnet said...

Interesting little sidestep there, Anthony, but the public pressure is mounting.

7/02/2005 10:26:00 pm

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

It must be an interesting place, your brain.

7/03/2005 12:33:00 am

 
Blogger eat stuff said...

Oh what a smell! My my Clarence what did you do? Me Lady Sugden? It was not me! These eggs you boiled are as ripe and over the hill as your writing!

7/03/2005 02:30:00 am

 
Blogger deborah said...

interesting spicey. very interesting.

i like the egg eight.

and does this mean i have a day or two to submit something?

7/03/2005 10:15:00 am

 
Blogger Reid said...

Hi Anthony,

That's hilarious. =D

7/03/2005 04:17:00 pm

 
Blogger sylvie1950 said...

and then....?

7/04/2005 04:48:00 am

 
Blogger deborah said...

Here is me. All dramatic and stuff.

7/04/2005 07:29:00 pm

 
Blogger Jeanne said...

Spicey, darling, you know I adore you but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GET SOME HELP!!!!

Clearly you are a frustrated EoMEoTE host... so please do feel free to jump back in and offer any time. :P

Yes, maybe there was a cryptic clue in the spelling of the single-ovoid macaron but I think we were on different pages of the crossword compendium!!

Anyhoo... Before anybody bursts a yolk panicking about the whereabouts of EoMEoTE#8, and especially for the master of self-created drama Spicey, here's the official announcement. Get writing!
http://cooksister.typepad.com/cook_sister/2005/07/announcing_eome.html

7/05/2005 12:50:00 am

 
Blogger Jeanne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/05/2005 12:52:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny Spicy, but am I meant to understand what on earth you're talking about?

7/05/2005 12:48:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Hmm well if that wasn't Jonty Terreblanche then...erk!

7/05/2005 01:22:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Hey I'm back in the smoke.

DM
-sooooooooooooon
Steph, Moira
-You've been to paradise but you've never been to me.
Clare
-Well parts of it were good.
Saffy
-Eight is great. No deadlines for EoMEoTE, you're either a little later or always early. And I see you're up
Reid
-My journey into terror and you find it hilarious? You monster.
Sylvie
-and thne we all had scones and jam.
Jeanne
- you heard her people
Manas
-Ahmmmmm yes you are.

7/06/2005 06:17:00 pm

 
Blogger The Daily Magnet said...

Has Spiceblog gone on strike for worker's rights, Anthony?

7/06/2005 09:41:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Once those royalties from Digital Dish come in, Spiceblog will be a small businessman and will sack myself for not responding to my own clumsy advances.

7/07/2005 09:15:00 am

 
Blogger eat stuff said...

LOL
I ment my writng not urs :P

7/07/2005 09:02:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

right, put down the da vinci code and step back - clearly you have read too much of it!

7/08/2005 04:55:00 am

 
Blogger deborah said...

where are ya, im bored!

7/08/2005 05:39:00 am

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Oh I don't know Clare, you did say "your"
Ronald
DC is for street punks and busy airplane travellers, Grade A unadulaterated Semiotic 'Pendulum is what you need my friend.
Saff
I'm here, just off the coffee, climbing up the walls.

7/08/2005 09:30:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am sure Eco was pissing himself when he read DC - at least when Eco dabbled with the Templars there was some substance behind it and also the right balance of "these is serious but also bloody ridiculous" :-)

7/08/2005 05:21:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Ronald you are so on the money, Eco is the master of messing around in it but yet so elegantly above.

7/09/2005 12:35:00 am

 
Blogger eat stuff said...

ahhh
I see the problem now!
It was ment to be the continuing serial about my crappy drama... and in no way a comment on your writing ;)

7/09/2005 02:15:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Ohhhh alright then : )

7/10/2005 09:34:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ingredients for delicious dishes you will get at Online Shopping . All the best to you, on your cooking ventures.

1/30/2007 04:21:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home