<$BlogRSDUrl$>

gustus elementa per omnia quaerunt

Friday, September 24, 2004

Hellborne to Melbourne.

Last time I went to Melbourne it was full of men in stretchy boots, trams and Valiants, people drank beer from king browns and I picked myself up a snazzy bowling shirt. 1992, what a year, I wonder if things have changed?

I'm over for a week in two weeks time for the Melbourne Marathon* and will be having a sensible time before that and some serious catch-up boozing after.

I'm after the inside skinny from Melbourne readers out there on any of the following: must go food places, highbrow/lowbrow; kulcha must dos; good second hand bookstores/music stores; scooter rental place; funky shoppin' - bric a brac/clothing; a decent vegetarian place (pre-race goodness) or anything of note really.

Much appreciated. I've already scored a dinner invite (you know who you are) if anyone (hellooo Andrew Bolt) would like to meet up, mail me.

*Training progress as a man of action detailed in odd brother site - vanishing pointless.

10 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

Oi cheers matey, getting all worked up about the trip now. Leave the restaurants for now, I'll let you get back to prime thought project.

9/25/2004 10:27:00 am

 
Blogger santos. said...

hey anthony

don't know if you'd be interested, but shepherd fairey (is that a great name or *what*?!) from obey giant has a solo exhibition at outré gallery (249-251 Elizabeth St).
skating propaganda art/commerce. that sort of stuff.

waiting to hear from mon ami mod daniel, who rides with a scooter club in melbourne....

9/25/2004 11:12:00 am

 
Blogger husky9 said...

Hi anthony, melbourne marathon ....sound fun....heard that melbourne has a good range of cafe

9/26/2004 12:24:00 am

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Santos
Thanks. Exhibition sounds up my alley. Rods and Mockers! - as my older British friend would say.
James
Thanks also. I'll keep them both in mind, carbos before, wine after.
Husky
fun fun fun happy happy happy

9/26/2004 07:05:00 pm

 
Blogger FXH said...

Can you give us a few clues - what suburb will you be camping in?

9/26/2004 07:42:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Clifton Hill. Don't know the suburb myself, just know it's near the city and there's a bed there.

9/26/2004 09:42:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Beds in every suburbs for a smooth talking young buck like yourself, me I'm staying with the ex-pres of the WA Young Nationals (when they were cool mind).

I've always (alright just then) wanted to start of Moroccan-Mexican restaurant and call it Morocco Mole.

9/27/2004 07:43:00 am

 
Blogger FXH said...

How about "Tequila Mo(ro)ccan Bird"

9/27/2004 12:48:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

AnthonyJ
Back to work. Took a disagreeably long time to work that out but I've heard it had neither mole, romans or umpires.
FX
A sandwich shop called Moroccan Roll?
Ermm further to previous point - personal Melb reccos best. I'm kind of assuming anyone here must have vaguely similar tastes or be very understanding.

9/27/2004 02:13:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hubby and I had a night in the city during the year..we're from out in the Dandenong Ranges..so going to the city is a bit of a trek... but we found a pretty good restaurant called Oyster on Lt Bourke...also a Melbourne institution is the Bennets Lane Jazz Club...cool music...no dickheads and if you get lucky..a NAME!! no a bad idea to phone ahead for a ticket..cause they do fill up if its a popular artist..enjoy your trip to Melbourne!!

1/28/2008 10:38:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home