<$BlogRSDUrl$>

gustus elementa per omnia quaerunt

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

A Run



Packing for the plane tonight and having a small ironic smile that something that was supposed to be a counterpoint to my regular persona has returned to where I started. With food.

The body will burn up breakfast in the first hour of running. It will be relying on stored glycogens from carbohydrates , after that it's oxygen consuming fat, then protein, then the legs start to wobble and then you are rooted. Success is not on strength but eating. I'll be taking advantage of the sports drinks, using a variety of carbo shots, and bananas. The next few days will be a high carb low fat fuck you to Atkins.

If you are in Melbourne , I'd suggest taking a look at the Marathon and giving a cheer for the runners. It's amazing how much work a little encouragement from a stranger can do. Post-celebration late risers don't worry too much, it doesn't start until 8am. Take some lollies too.

Yosh! Ganbarimasu!

PS Is it true that whoever in Melbourne you show your medal to must buy you the drink of your choice?

What I don't need: Reasons You Will Hate Me: Come to my party. No, seriously.

12 Comments:

Blogger FXH said...

I have it on good authority that Sedgewick will be dressing up in a kilt, getting onkus ponkus on Guiness and tackling you as you run past the Espy.

10/06/2004 12:42:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Eeeeek. Should be plodding past St Kilda some time past 11 should His Excellency wish to add to the vast ludicrousness of the whole thing event. BTW [becomes shy] if you've time for a bevvy, you've my e-mail.

Robert
No worries. I think we'll all be looking for some relaxing down timers after this weekend.

10/06/2004 02:00:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are in the vice regal white pages, young fella me runner. As they say, use it or lose it.

Lord Sedgwick of Strathmore.

10/06/2004 02:14:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Your Lordship, you startled me. I will do.

10/06/2004 04:16:00 pm

 
Blogger Reid said...

Hi Anthony,

Good luck with the marathon. Just hope it's not too hot or humid during the race. Ganbatte!

10/06/2004 06:03:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Thanks Reid. With Melbourne it will be hot humid cold cloudy sunny and raining. Don't ask me how.

10/06/2004 06:29:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Underworld hit offers dramatic plot twist of stopping bullet. I'll take my chances.

Anyway back to packing, now where did I leave that passport...

10/06/2004 08:35:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! Bring me back a felafel, ok?

10/06/2004 11:22:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~Mark

10/06/2004 11:23:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Devo, Devo, Devo,

Both possibly in the throws of a life-crisis - but I like to flatter myself it's an early life crisis - rather than a mid-life one - may you run with the lightness of a gazelle and the swiftness of a leopard - and may my rope last the 135m distance safely to the ground. I gather by the tone of your email response that you won't be joining me on my spiderwoman descent down the face of Allendale??????????

Enjoy Melbourne - hope you find a foodie heaven over there post-run to satiate a well earned appetite.

Good luck,

Anna.

10/07/2004 09:31:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't a decent fry up sort you out for 26 miles and the little bit? All the best, hope you don't die.

pieman
www.noodlepie.com

10/08/2004 04:38:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Cheers all.
Mark - you want garlic sauce with that?
Anna - AMOA says that as he cannot do whatever a spider can he may use the lift.
Kate - luck is coming in for the weather 23 and fine .
Pieman - there will be the thought of many bad things to keep me alive.

10/09/2004 05:25:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home