<$BlogRSDUrl$>

gustus elementa per omnia quaerunt

Sunday, September 05, 2004

The Long and The Hard

I've added a link, pain, on the side to my all new counter-blog, vanishing pointless. It's a training log for the Melbourne Marathon. Yes, I know this is the site of the soft pleasures but it's hand on the skillet time - you've had virtual drinking and dining, now I bring you virtual exercise. The idea is to publicly shame myself into training. Feel free to offer manliness questioning encouragement there.

The race will be, funnily enough, the day after the Australian Federal elections. For my efforts I'll get a trip east, a medal, and chaffed nipples; battlers of ideas get a change of government and to say farewell to the present dissembling bunch of fuckers. Here's hoping for the lot of us.

They are many but here they are my long term inspired 5 election bloggers to follow over the next 5 weeks:
At 'em.

Ah! wasureta!, mo hitotsu: Quiggin
mo ikkai mo hitotsu: Foodgoat's got the politics-food crossover just right.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog doesn't allow anonymous comments - so if you think you can live without someone slagging off your attempts to get fit, then fine. See if I care. See if I bloody care.


~Mark
http://twistedhamster.net/

9/06/2004 01:14:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

oops it'll be fixed in a Jiffy.

May I suggest "my grandmother runs faster than that".

9/06/2004 01:17:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Ha! I'll be happy if I finish*, Lathams got better odds so you're on - mine's a large one. Contact details before the big day, Sir.

*Still not ruling out the Steve Bradbury factor.

9/06/2004 06:38:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Good sashimied with a sesame sauce

BTW I've got two Anthony J's here, was this you?

"Meanwhile VoS is Auberon Waugh from beyond the grave. Woooo!"

If it was, I'm one down on the drinks tab.

9/09/2004 07:41:00 am

 
Blogger Anthony said...

No I think it was over at Road to Surfdom. Nice work.

9/09/2004 03:32:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home