<$BlogRSDUrl$>

gustus elementa per omnia quaerunt

Saturday, February 11, 2006

EoMEoTE#14 - The Egg and The Igg

bbq egg


Ah yes mag is away (huzzah!) so now for a bit of egg related rock stuff to make up for EoMEoTE that've been neglecting baby.

Here is a egg. It was cooked on a barbecue and it is as close to eggy perfection as is humanly possible. Ponder that. Don't argue. It lives on a pile of the corpses of a million odd shaped, burnt bummed, hard yolked, flipped over, greasy cold barbecue eggs.

A quick recap - Breakfast Barbecue order is this
- cook the tomatoes in the oven, they're a messy pain in the arse on a hot plate.
- cook the bacon to softness and then put it into the oven to crisp up. On some toast if you like toast soaked in pig fat, and you do.
- cook the sausages
- remove sausages and cover with foil (don't go anywhere near the bbq unless you have a roll of foil and a plate to put the cooked stuff on).

Now for the eggs. Make sure the plate is hot, add a bit of oil to the bbq and then crack away. Let them fry for a minute. They will start to get a slight crust on them which will make them easier to get off. Turn the heat off, close the lid of the BBQ and leave until the yolk are how you want them, which is runny. Sunny. Serve. That's it. Easy. Perfection. All else is fluff. Enjoy with cold Coopers Ale and Vodka, Watermelon, Banana and Mint Smoothies.

Thanks to Kate and Jon for brekky.

The eggs were much needed aminoes for the Big Day Out. A yearly rock festival that makes its way to Perth and it is a good thing. A very good thing. This year the feature act was the more or less reformed (usage advisedly) Stooges. A quick summary of 60's rock:
The Beatles - dull
The Rolling Stones - dull
The Doors - dull
The Who - good (although I think that had to do with me being heavily impressed by Paul Smith)
The Beach Boys - dull
Bob Dylan - dull
Herman's Hermits - dull
The Stooges - in a vision of the universe compressing to a singularity and then exploding again, the Stooges are that singularity. All else is fluff, distraction, and waffle. I do them a disservice by talking about them, they should be listened to loudly. And, if you can, and I did, live.

Iggy A round of applause for the underappreciated Ron Asheton Iggy

I'd rewrite an Iggy poem but I will simply quote:

Now look out
I took a record of pretty music
I went down and baby you can tell
I took a record of pretty music
Now I'm putting it to you straight from hell
I'll stick it deep inside
I'll stick it deep inside
Cause I'm loose
I feel fine to be dancin', baby
I feel fine, I'm a shakin' leaf
I feel fine to be dancin', baby
Cause it's love, yeah I do believe
I'll stick it deep inside
I'll stick it deep inside
Cause I'm loose
And I'll stick it deep inside
And I'll stick it hey
Well I'm loose, well I'm loose
Well I'm loose

Not to be touched.
However:
Egg egg me do
You know I love you
Ohh pleeeeease please please
Egg me do


See. Crap. More than it deserves.

Sexy Tex Perkins and the Beasts of Bourbon and the White Stripes had a bit of the magic too, when they kept the fack away from the marimba.

Tex Perkins Jack and Meg White Jack and Meg White

5 Comments:

Blogger Gracianne said...

Never tried cooking eggs on a barbecue. It does look, uhm, close to perfection!

2/13/2006 04:17:00 am

 
Blogger Jeanne said...

Shhhh, don't tell Nick. A combination of two of his favourite things - fried eggs & a bbq. He'll be out there on wintry London mornings whipping up breakfast & freezing his bits off. Can't have that happening now, can we??

Egg me do? Doesn't sound as if you need any egging on whatsoever!

2/13/2006 04:32:00 am

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Gracianne
It surfs the cusp of perfection.

Jeanne
I'd say the cold is good for the appetite but no we can't have Nick freezing his bits off.

I know I know rubbish isn't it

2/13/2006 10:48:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely it should be eggy pop?

2/13/2006 02:37:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

It should but don't call me Shirley

2/13/2006 02:44:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home