<$BlogRSDUrl$>

gustus elementa per omnia quaerunt

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Issue 13 of SPICE

SpiceSummer08Cover400

Ooh issue 13 of SPICE - Western Australia's only non-lifestyle magazine. Cracking cover photo by Craig Kinder of Riki Kaspi of Blakes Cafe in Mt Lawley.

I'm still riding the roller coaster of emotions in making a mag from 'I don't think I can do this' to ' when will this issue ever be finished' to 'if I could just spend a few quiet days with my playstation and not think about it' before soaring to 'well that's a pretty cool issue but I wish I'd done a better job on the headlines'. Like most things worth doing, it's interminably frustrating but ultimately rewarding involving good people and a large amount of laughs.

This issue is filled with good but my particular fave is Vince's heartfelt terror of deep frying a whole turkey going horribly wrong and that we've hit the magical sweet spot between Gourmet Traveller and the Countryman. You can also play 'spot my daughter' - it's a bit trickier this time.

It'd be remiss of me not to suggest that a subscription would make an ace christmas present for the food lover(s) in your family and that this presents the opportunity to win a holiday for two in Mauritius, staying in the 5 star
Constance Le Prince Maurice resort - wooh!

8 Comments:

Blogger santos. said...

love this cover. yes, i'll finally subscribe. if i win the trip to mauritius (ha) can i sign it over to the sprog?

12/18/2008 12:43:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So have you packed your bags for the audition?

1/03/2009 03:10:00 pm

 
Blogger 2-minute Noodle Cook said...

I don't know who else in Perth has packed their bags for Masterchef. After pretending, dreaming and even electronically qualifying as one, I ought to be going :)

1/07/2009 12:29:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Santos - our operators are standing by. No - little bugger's already going to Japan.

Rob and 2minNC - I'm a Masterchef... in my head (and possibly in my pants but that's a bit rude)

1/07/2009 12:35:00 pm

 
Blogger 2-minute Noodle Cook said...

What would you cook if invited to audition for Masterchef?

1/09/2009 07:59:00 pm

 
Blogger aquaris5 said...

hey anthony - although i am not a subscriber i have read the mag a few times and it is always very good.

if you havent picked up G Locatelli's book "Made in Italy" its worth a look. Its a great story of food with some fantastic and easy recipes as well as a really good "teaching" book on how to cook italian recipes. I cant put it down (read nearly half of it so far).

A review of it would be a good article for a future mag perhaps.

1/16/2009 12:12:00 pm

 
Blogger H said...

Anthony, after reading all about Riki and her cooking classes in Spice, I've just come across an article that states her and Heni have sold the cafe!! And I never did get around to organising to actually get to a class!

Do you have any inside rumours on where's she gone and what's next????

Tks in advance....

3/18/2009 04:03:00 pm

 
Blogger Anthony said...

Hello H
It's true, but I swear it's not our fault.

Last time I spoke to them they weren't sure but I might try and chase it up.

3/23/2009 09:34:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home