<$BlogRSDUrl$>

gustus elementa per omnia quaerunt

Saturday, January 03, 2004

Japanese Dinner

Apart form a couple of steaks ona friends barbie, there's been no cooking for a while here. This dinner was repay a debt to my sister in law for sparing me from having to do my tax return by myself.I chose Japanese because I felt the need to sermonise a bit due to her always ordering the teriyaki fish.

The dinner included - sashimi crayfish and salmon; daikon salad; scallops cooked in oranges with dengaku miso; daikon salad; eggplant with dengaku miso; and cold soba.I'll try to post most of the recipes.

It looks a lot but cooking and prep time wasn't more than an hour with most of that taken up by sauces. This is longer than many of the fabulously easy toss together type recipes floating around but time spent cooking is a way of showing appreciation to guests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home